Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Tools Bars Not Staying

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:56 PM

This problem is extremely annoying and is making IE7 (which would look semi-decent if not for this problem) extremely poor looking.
Every time I open IE7, Google Web Accelerator and McAfee SiteAdvisor appear on their own rows (toolbars). I move them onto the Google Toolbar (which has plenty of free space) and then lock the toolbars. The next time I open IE7, they are once again on their own rows.
Is there anyway I can get these items to be on one toolbar and stay that way until I want it changed?
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

I doubt it. I tend to avoid IE if at all possible, it's a malware magnet
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

Hi Elendil.
Sorry can't help with your immediate problem but you can make your viewing window slightly bigger by unchecking the menu bar in VIEW/TOOLBARS. When you need to use this, simply tap the ALT key.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

I have the same problem but I think that the Google toolbar was where the problem lies. I have both the Google toolbar and AI Roboform toolbar and always had the Roboform on the right side of the Google one in IE 6 but in IE 7 they would both go to their own rows just like you are experiencing.

I solved my problem by putting the Google toolbar on the right side of the Roboform toolbar instead and everything has stayed put since. This really sucked because I liked how I had IE set up before but I quickly got used to the new arrangement and don't really have a problem with the issue anymore. Try rearranging your toolbars to see if this solves the problem.

Me thinks after seeing your problem posted here that the Google toolbar is the most likely culprit in this issue as well.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#5 Elendil

Elendil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Rombo, it looks fine now! :thumbsup:
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science