Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Few Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LostLEGION

LostLEGION

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

Hello. I found this forum great and the tutorials helped me fix VirusBurster. Thanks to all first. However, my computer was eventually infected by some more virus and I really dont know I should do. Here are a few questions I hope you can give positive solutions to them.

1. Is Smitfraudfix able to fix VirusBurster and Spyheal at the same time?

2. Is Spyhunter also a fake? If so, how can I clear it up?

3. How can I stop the anti-leech and netpumper virus?

Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:16 PM

Hi LostLEGION,

Yes, the SmitFraudfix is used to get of the Virusbursters and SpyHeal.
However there are totally different control panel entries that must be addressed separately for each virus.
How To Remove Virusbursters.

How To Remove SpyHeal.

I Googled SpyHunter and it appears to be an anti-spyware program. I personally have never heard of it tho. Try going to Add/Remove Programs in Safe Mode and if it is listed there,remove it.

Also Googled Anti-Leech/Net Pumper.

Anti-Leech is software protection such as AL downloads.There is support using the download manager "Net Pumper" with Anti-Leech.

So this must be related to some software that was previously installed on your computer.

Hope this helps.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 LostLEGION

LostLEGION
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:24 PM

thanks!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

SpyHunter was listed on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware List because of the company's history of employing aggressive, deceptive advertising. It has been delisted by I would stick with those anti-malware programs that have a proven track record. See BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:29 AM

How can I stop the anti-leech and netpumper virus?

It's a pain to remove. I would suggest you go here , Preparation Guide for HJT , run through all the instructions & post a HijackThis log in the appropriate forum. Someone there will help you make sure that your computer is free from malware.

A few other things:

1. Please read the guidelines at the top of the page very carefully.

2. Wait for someone from the HJT team to reply. If you reply before they do, your log may get overlooked.

3. While working through the process with an HJT member, do not make any changes to your system as it probably do more harm than good.

4. Don't post more than one topic. Doing so would create a conflict & will not do you any good.

#6 LostLEGION

LostLEGION
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:03 AM

thanks hilly.
I have replied before the HJT team replied :thumbsup: Sorry
I didnt get any help... My computer keeps on saying that I have that error thingy and this problem made me unable to access and domy school work... What should I do now?

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:10 AM

They are a very busy team LostLEGION,but you can try posting your question under Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Please refrain from asking for help from other members or staff until the HJT Team has checked your posted log. The HJT Team work very hard to investigate and develop a unique solution to your problem. Just like your computer is different from every other computer, the solution will be tailored to the problems associated with your computer as you receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort. The staff here are all professionals and they volunteer their time to help.

Thus, we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users