Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredimail

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 yankfan

yankfan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:02 PM

My wife has fallen in love with Incredimail. I have heard that it's too big of a program and there's a lot of problems that comes with it. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and I like it's easy funciality and security. Can someone shed some light on Incredimail? Is it safe enough to use and is it worth running it on your system.

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 17 November 2006 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

I used it for years. Well its neat but the backgrounds and smiley faces make emails bigger. For dial up users it can take longer to send and receive.

It does have a banner on the free version at the top and had when I last used it a little "bell" shaped thing in the taskbar that they finally made permanent(even though there was a option to say you got the message) that reminded you of the paid version.

I use thunderbird now because its fast and simple to use.

I dont think there is any problems with it. Its neat and all. I just got tired of it.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:34 AM

I used it for awhile, I like it but I'm not sure if the iimages and all get seen by the people I sent them to. I think some of them had the stuff blocked and all they got were the messages.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:50 AM

Hi yankfan,

I use Incredimail. It is not really all that big, it takes up 24.6 MB on my hard disc. So I don't think that is very huge. The backgrounds are nice. I use the paid version so there is no link in every message I send. But speaking of sending, I have been unable to send some messages from my Incredimal lately. I used to have the Gold Gallery but find I don't want to pay for it.. I don't HAVE to have it like I did before. If it weren't for the notifiers that I love, I would get rid of it off my computer.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:00 AM

At one time, there was some serious discussion about whether Incredimail contained spyware or not, which has since been resolved to the contrary. Never using smilies or other fun/cute things for E-mails, I never tried it. I use Thunderbird, which would seem to be less bloated and probably safer.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

At one time I had Incredimail (free version) and at first loved it. Spent to much time d/l all of the extras that I could. lol but it didn't work for me half of the time, so out of frustration I uninstalled it. It had gotten really bad.
Posted Image

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

I've had used it a year ago. Gone it's glitchy and difficult on multiple PC's. Out weighed all the frills.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Sweet24-7

Sweet24-7

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

I have it and I downloaded/upgraded something. Now evreytime I try to get on I get a "Needs To Reboot" notice? How do I do this? Thank you, Sweet24-7

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,338 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Did you down/up something in Incredimail or something else
To reboot (in XP)just click Start >turn off computer> restart
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:23 PM

At first when I had Incredimail it was SO fun downloading all the letters and skins and what-all. Now its just a big bloated PITA on my computer.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:00 PM

there are A LOT of ads (even in out-going ones) in the free version....when u get a paid version there's no ads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users