Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems W/ Startup And Computer In General

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DRaSTiK

DRaSTiK

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks in advance since you've solved a couple problems for me before.

Today on startup, I noticed a weird file that TheCleaner said made some changes to my startup files. The file name was just numbers, it was 49674074977093.exe. I manually deleted the file, and found no traces of it using Ewido, Spy Sweeper, or Mcafee. Spy Sweeper, did however, find two Trojans, adeog and downloader.ruin, which it quarantined and deleted.

Now, using Startup Inspector, I've noticed two files that were previously not there, C://WINDOWS\System32\dmcsg.exe, and C://WINDOWS/System32/dmwiu.exe.

Also, my computer is running slower than hell. Using Task Manager, many of the running files are taking up a lot of memory. I ran HiJack This, but nothing out of the ordinary came up.

Any clues as to what this could be? Is it just spyware? Thanks for any help....

EDIT: Now SpySweeper has found Trojan.downloader.ruin again. It keeps re-establishing itself....HELP!

Edited by DRaSTiK, 16 November 2006 - 10:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:17 AM

I ran HiJack This, but nothing out of the ordinary came up.

Are you trained in the use and investigation of the entries listed in the log this program generates? Most of the log entries are required to run a computer and removing essential ones can potentially cause serious damage to your system. HijackThis relies on experts to interpret the log entries and determine what needs to be fixed. You should NOT fix anything yourself without consulting a expert as to what to fix.

With that said it sounds like you have several malware issues going on. What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have your tried doing a scan in "SAFE MODE"?

Download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.) Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions and read the User Manual.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.

Then perform this online Virus scan: Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]

Post back if your still having problems afterwards.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users