Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Lost My Favorites Icons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

I lost my favorites icons for whatever reason. Does anyone know how to get them back or reinstalled? I'm sure I've heard this question asked before somewhere, but can't remember where.I am using Slim Browser, which is just an IE shell I think with XP home SP2. I recently downloaded IE7 and don't know if that's what caused it or what.
Thanks
Floyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

I'm in the same soup.

You should be able to copy and paste previous Favorites folder to bring them back. I haven't done it yet.
But that's what I'll be doing tonight (I have a backup) since I just discovered it after IE7 came in.
I think it is really RUDE of Microsoft to not ask whether we'd like to retain favorites, and perhaps other things (trusted sites ...).

If the upgrade to IE7 did not completely wipe out everything, there might be copies of Favorites, perhaps even in the recycle bin. Thing to do is search c drive for "Favorites" without quotes. Will that work? No idea.

Edit: Here is what MICROSOFT says in their FAQ linked to from Grinler's sticky:

Q. If I install Internet Explorer 7 what will happen to my Favorites?
A.When you install Internet Explorer 7 your current list of favorites in Internet Explorer 6 will migrate into the new browser so you won't have to readd your favorite websites when you begin surfing the web.

Perhaps it migrated but not for the two of us :thumbsup:

Edited by tos226, 17 November 2006 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users