Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Who Has A Ps3?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

I was walking home from the subway last night and of course saw all the people camped out in front of Circuit City to get their hands on the new Playstation 3. Any of our members campers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

I WOULD be camping if i had the money :thumbsup:

It comes out tomorrow (friday, nov 17), but unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to get one for a significant amount of time....

Whoever DOES get it on launch day, please post your opinions/experiences :flowers:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:45 PM

Could they actually be camped out a 2 days before? That doesnt make sense to me.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

Ther are some people on the news in NJ ,camped since Tuesday

Many residents have been braving the rainy, windy weather since Tuesday for the chance to purchase the video game console. The system costs nearly $600, but fans say the wait and the price are worth it.

Die-hard PS3 fans

Edited by boopme, 16 November 2006 - 03:01 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

Crazy...

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

Wow... 600$ for a videogame machine kind of sucks. I'm sure its well worth it and it probably costs them more to sell it ( an xbox 360 costs Microsoft about $100 more to make then they sell it for). Can't imagine the price for next generation systems, they will probably be around $800-$1000. I'm satisfied with the xbox 360 I have, and the Wii looks pretty sweet, I might look into getting that eventually.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:10 PM

Even in the saner Midwest, there are lines and campers in the cold and rain. Many of the people interviewed locally re not gamers, but plan to make a considerable profit by reselling them on E-bay.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

I've seen it there for as high as 2275.00 USD... you've got to be crazy, even if you are rich
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

I hate, loathe, and despise people that do that. They're 20 times worse than scalpers. They rip a ps3 out of the hands of the people that actually want them, only to selfishly go and charge thousands of dollars (literally) for them. Those that don't know any better (rich people careless w/ money and clueless about technology) pony up the dough.

#10 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

They have campers camping out like crazy here in Nashville and surrounding areas.

I think the public has gotten dumbed down quite a bit, if you ask me. You should see on the news how they brought their tents, camping gear, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and probably anything else you can think of... just to be in line to buy those games. It's ashame that people won't line up like that to get important issues worked on.

After Christmas and New Year, those prices will drop so low, most people will then say.. "I should have waited".

What do they cost? $500, $600?..... If I were to even think about buying one, I'd wait until the prices drop, or go get one from the pawn shop. People will go broke real soon, and they will pawn them off.... real soon.

#11 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:31 AM

I can think of a lot more things to spend that kind of money on. And still get a couple of games for my PC
:thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#12 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

Last night on the news, there was a story of how roughly 150 people started camping outside of a local best buy just after the store closed. It was a big suprise, and no one knew this was going to happen (I live in a small area).

This morning when best buy opened, the employees came out and gave out 27 numbered tickets to the first 27 people in line.......27 was the number of PS3's that the store had recieved.... :thumbsup: What a waste of time for the other 100+ people!!!!!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:46 AM

Pushing ,shoving, fighting, reselling and armed robbery, it seems to me to be getting ugly out there.
Armed Thugs Shoot 1 Person Waiting in Wal-Mart PlayStation Line

In Putnam CT.

he two tried to rob of line of people waiting to buy the new gaming console early Friday. They confronted a "bunch of people

#14 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

Once again, it proves the correlation between violence and console games!
LOL,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

Once again, it proves the correlation between violence and console games!

Dont let Joe Lieberman hear that !

The whole thing is insane...i still prefer PC games over a console. My wife bought me a PS2 for my anniversary a year or so ago and I returned it. I just find playing games on a console awkward for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users