Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Lag.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chima1Ra

Chima1Ra

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

About two days ago i started to have this really strange lag. So I decided to post it here because when I phoned my ISP's help line i felt like a pinball i had been passed around to so many different lines and the problem just did'nt seem to get solved.

It seems to come in "waves" (one moment everything is running fine 10 seconds later the lag comes back from about 3 mins) it is most noticable while playing online games. However, my actual computer performance has not been hindered at all (no Frames Per Second Drops, slow loading times etc).

I have run a full virus scan (in safemode and normal making sure the deffinitions are upto date) as well as spyware scan.

Another thing i have recently noticed is the little green arrows on my start bar that normally display the upload/download speed of my connection has been changed to "BT Voyager ADSL Modem: Data Mode". As well as when i press ctrl+alt+delete to check my "networking" tab, it says my BT BroadBand is operational but my "Local Area Connection" is "Non Operational" could this affect it?

Additional:

My ISP is BT (British Telecom).
My connection speed is 2.5mbps.
And, I'm unsure if it'll help but my machine spec is - Radeon x800pro, AMD Athlon 64 (2.8), 200gig HD and 1gig of ram.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Chima1Ra, 16 November 2006 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:04 AM

is this matter resolved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users