Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipb Image

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

Hi, I saw most member have their avantar in IPB image format. Can someone pls tell me more abt that format? Normally I used Photoshop to create & edit image, then save as JPG, TIFF, or as Web. (thats the 3 format I only know)

Another question, I saw some member can have a few avantars / or a long big one. Is there any limitation on how many avantar I can insert if I post a topic? And what's the max size (in kilobytes) that I can use in one topic? For example, found in Siggy Request http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72092/siggy-request/ from this forum, there are few nice avantars there.

Thanks

Regards;
-veronica yeoh-

Edited by Verons88, 16 November 2006 - 01:31 AM.

Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:45 AM

An Avatar is the image under your user name, on the left.
The avatar image is an image you upload from your computer.
Acceptable image formats for Avatars are gif, jpeg, jpg, and png.
They can have a file size no larger than 200 KB, and a physical size no larger than 83 pixels wide x 83 pixels high.

A sig image is what goes under your post.
It appears on every post you make.
The image you use for your sig, has to be hosted off-site (image hosting site, personal web site, etc.).
A sig image can be any format you want, as long as the image hosting site accepts it.
Sig images are limited to 500 pixels wide x 90 pixels high.
You are allowed only one image, in your sig.

A couple of FREE photo hosting sites;
photobucket
imageshack
freeimagehosting

If you post an image in a topic, it's best to host it at an image hosting site, and then post a thumbnail of the image.
If you want to post the image instead, keep it as small as possible.
If it's too large, it tends to throw the format of the forum off, so you have to scroll left/right to see the image.
640 x 480 would be a good size.

For example, found in Siggy Request in this forum, there are few nice avantars there.

Those are sig images, not Avatars.

Edited by tg1911, 16 November 2006 - 01:50 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Verons88

Verons88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:20 AM

wow, u r real fast in replying my post, tq1911. Appreciate that. Thanks, now Im clear about avantar and SIG, and thanks for the free hosting site.

Regards;
-veronica yeoh-
Veronica Yeoh

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

You're quite welcome, Verons88.
Glad to be of help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users