Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Day! Bonjour! Guten Tag!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GrouchoMarx

GrouchoMarx

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Hello to everyone. I am an acting student at the arts institute in bournemouth, england.
i generally dont use capitals and have a reasonably good understanding with and of my dell inspiron 5160!
... it hasnt caught fire... as yet :thumbsup:

normally i can fix most problems that i have, but i just didnt understand why my cpu usage was rocketing for no apparent reason.... i was just running wmp 10 and firefox and maybe icq or msn....
i checked my startup... but that seemed fine and then i ran a mcaffee virus check, which came out negative.. (i always had that sneaky feeling that mcaffee sucked (my personal opinion... if you think otherwise, dont be offeneded... state your point!))
anyway... it was the topic "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer" that solved the problem!
very greatful!
now i was able to finish uni work without having the bother of reformating my system!

(heartbreaking story with a happy end...!?!?)
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

Hello GrouchoMarx.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Always happy to hear a success story. Browse and enjoy.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hello, GrouchoMarx.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
Always nice to hear a happy ending. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users