Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Usage Constantly Jumping To 100%

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt Ovrby

Matt Ovrby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue where after the initial boot-up, after about 5-10 mins of using a program or IE or anything, eventually the computer starts moving extremely slow, to the point where the TaskMgr takes about 5-7 minutes open when pressing alt+ctrl+del.

When it opens I notice that CPU usage is at 100% mostly with explorer.exe, :thumbsup: and usually stays that way.

Does anyone know a way to troubleshoot or trace what is the cause of the jump of usage?

The computer is running XP home.

thanks in advance for any help given!
M.O.

Edited by Matt Ovrby, 15 November 2006 - 11:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

How much RAM do you have (right click My Computer / select Properties / under the General tab, how many MB of RAM do you have)?
How much free space do you have on your harddrive (double click My Computer / right click C: drive / select Properties / under the General tab, Free Space)?
Have you installed any new hardware/software recently?
Have you updated, and run your antivirus?
Have you done any online virus scans?
Have you run any Spyware/Malware programs?
What Spyware/Malware programs do you use?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users