Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pci Graphics Cards And Ddr Ram

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Four l Twenty

Four l Twenty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Yeah sorry about this.. I have an eMachines 3230 and its pretty crap, it doesnt run hardly any games due to its low graphics and rather pathetic RAM.
So im trying to improve on them two.. i'm going to buy a PCI 6600 GeForce graphics card but im not sure it will work? will it be able to work with my emachines pc?
Also i want a PC3200 DDR 1gb RAM card to put in, do all DDR RAM cards work in DDR RAM slots?
pleeease help me...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theguy

theguy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

Need your motherboard model and manufacturer. If you don't know, download cpu-z(google) and paste the info from the mainboard tab.

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

Also manufactuers don't put in good power supplies in their systems. I'd be nice to know what power supply you have and how many Amp's are on the 12V rail.

If you open up your case, top left they'll be your power supply, on the label please tell me the rating for the 12V rail.

It'll look something like 12V =---= 18A.

If you don't have enough power on your 12V rail you won't be able to power a 6600 GeForce in there.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

Yeah sorry about this.. I have an eMachines 3230 and its pretty crap, it doesnt run hardly any games due to its low graphics and rather pathetic RAM.
So im trying to improve on them two.. i'm going to buy a PCI 6600 GeForce graphics card but im not sure it will work? will it be able to work with my emachines pc?
Also i want a PC3200 DDR 1gb RAM card to put in, do all DDR RAM cards work in DDR RAM slots?
pleeease help me...

The graphics card should work. Your motherboard has two expansion slots for a total of 2GB of RAM. Most all manufacturers have web sites that will have an advisor tool where you plug in the information about your computer and they will provide you with a list of RAM that they know will be compatible with your motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users