Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus In Lockbox, But Modem Lite Blinks & Cant Clear Bookmark

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wonk

wonk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:30 AM

i was surfing on the dark side and my virus software spotted a virus upon going to a new site and i put it in the lockbox. so went to delete the bookmark to the site and it wont go away. i also noticed that my modem lite blinks at least once every 3 seconds, like when you send an email. that was afew days ago and since then i have downloaded more virus cleaning software but they cant find it. i am using xp home but dont know what "aplication" i was using to help figure this out. any help would be apreciated. wonk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wonk

wonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

while reading other replys i ran ewido, which i had not updated in a few months, and it found 14 tracking objects and quarinteened them and the bookmark went away and my modem no longer is blinking. i was wondering why avast, ad-aware se, windows washer and mcafee antispy didnt find it ? or was it just a group effort that finally did it ? so thank you for the wealth of knowledge at this site and if i read up on more of the topics i can stop asking the kids for help with the computer.
willy (wonka)

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

It is a good idea to have multiple on-demand anti-spyware and anti-malware programs as one will find what the other will not. Each company has a different idea of what spyware is.

What security programs do you have installed?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users