Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Quick Backup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

I came across this great little free program, OEQB. it saves the Address Book and all files from the Input, Sent Items folders, even the Deleted folder. It has saved me more than once.

It downloads as a zip file. I have it and the Extracted (Installation) files in a sub-folder in my Downloads folder. I put them on a CD and loaded them into my wife's computer. It runs on her computer just like the Good Lord intended. Our computers are very similar. Both running XP Home w/ SP2. Both using Athlon CPUs (1.8 and 2.3 Ghz). I have a Gig of ram. She has a half Gig.

When I try to run OEQB.exe on mine I get a window which says "Run time error '76'" and "Path not found". The program installed itself into C:\Program Files\Outlook Express Quick Backup. This folder holds OEQB.exe, and 14 other .dll, .ocx, .log files etc.

I have uninstalled and re-installed it. The installation wizard says it has been installed satisfactorily. According to the web site it is not presently being supported by the author (so I can't go there), but he has been promising a new version of it for a couple of years, now.

Is there a way to find out which file it is looking for that it can't find a path to?

Thanks, folks,
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Shinobi

Shinobi

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

sounds like you might have memory issues. try running memtest86, which can be downloaded here http://www.memtest86.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users