Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Anyone Help Me With My Xp Problem Please?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hey I Need A Tool That Could Remove This Thing In My Task Bar That Says "Your Computer Is Infected" And I Am Wondering If I Can Get Some Help | Note | : It Is A Red Circle With A White Cross In Center...Thanks For And Suggestions. :thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 November 2006 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

Try this free, online scan: http://safety.live.com/

If that doesn't work, try following the suggestions at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

Try this free, online scan: http://safety.live.com/

If that doesn't work, try following the suggestions at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Hey Thanks For This I Just Got Rid Of The Problem And Im Going To Make An Effort To Scan More often To Be Safe, Thanks Again And I Used The First Option + This Is Better Than My Old McAfee Thanks. :thumbsup:

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

You should use the complete scan option.

#5 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:01 AM

ohh my god this is so gay Sorry for that but i just got this msn virus it says hey is this you! :thumbsup: and has a link u click link and u get a virus omg!!! my friend sent me it i thought it was joke and now im invicted and need help removing this =( cause i miss mah friends i have a fire wall but it only blocks major damage to computer and i tryed to install windows one care again cause my mum delted it i told her to leave it (lol) and now it gives me error 1264 help please i need intructions to get my msn back (this virus is a virus thats saves 3 files to your main screen and when u open msn they revover there if u delete them any way i done so far and when u sign in to msn it does an auto "Hey Is This You!" and link to everyone)

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Have you tried doing your anti-virus scans in "SAFE MODE"?

You need to start there first. If you don't have any anti-virus or need to replace it, see BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources. In #4 there is a list of several other free online anti-virus scans which you can perform.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

[quote name='quietman7' date='Nov 28 2006, 11:28 AM' post='402291']
What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Have you tried doing your anti-virus scans in "SAFE MODE"?

You need to start there first. If you don't have any anti-virus or need to replace it, see BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources. In #4 there is a list of several other free online anti-virus scans which you can perform.
[/qu XP I Got a Virus Thing From That Page And Fixxed Problem Thanks =)

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:27 PM

If your system is clean you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent reinfection from an old restore point. Any malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to set a new RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

#9 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:22 AM

i have one last problem it seems simular to one of the ones i just removed and i think its by the same person , its like a blue planet and then changes to a yellow caution sign , im using a squared and it dosent seem to find it as a problem but i can tell its not safe cause when i click it it trys to make me download this VirusBursters Thing and that was classed as a virus still cant remove the taskbar icon tho hehe any suggestions???

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

Then your system is not clean so hold off on setting a new restore point and follow the instructions in the self-help guide "How to remove VirusBursters."

#11 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

:flowers: Thank You All For Helping Me Full Have My Computer Much More Safer And Thanks For The Information =) Thanks A Lot Too Everyone Who Helped Design This Wonderful Site If i Have Any More Problems I'll Be Back But Hopfuly Not Have Any Problems :thumbsup: CYA!

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

Your welcome.

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, read:
"Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
"How to Prevent Spyware".
"The Ten Most Dangerous Things Users Do Online".

#13 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:19 AM

Ahh in saying what i said i can't do my favorite most thing on the computer!!!

It Wont Detect My Sound Pannel Or Any Device But It's All plugged in and im no wiz on computers and asking for advice about my volume being "no device detected"

Edited by JordanTaylor, 09 December 2006 - 05:20 AM.

#14 JordanTaylor

JordanTaylor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

</BUMP>

#15 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,141 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

You may want to start a new topic and post your question about sound problems in the Hardware or Windows XP Home and Professional. This issue is probably related to device drivers or your sound card. There are others here with more expertise in those areas than I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users