Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5.1 Audio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:46 AM

hello,

i have a laptop w/ 5.1 channel audio, but it only have a headphone out w/c means that if i will going to use a external speaker, i can only use a stereo speakers because the only connection i can use is the headphone out..... my question is, is there any way or any gadget that i can do or use so that i can use a 5.1 external speakers.... pls help.

tnx,
sempai

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:58 PM

Where does it say that your laptop has 5.1 channel audio? How many sound ports do you have.

One thing could be that you have to go into the setting and enable the 5.1 surround sound but what this does is use your headphone jack for the two front speakers, the line-in jack for either the sub/center or the rear speakers and the microphone for the other...

With some 5.1 speakers like from logitech (you can also by this part seperately) you can get an adapter to go from the 3 1/8th inch jacks to 2 RCA jacks and you can use an RCA to 1/8th to connect it to the single headphone jack on your laptop. This will not be tru 5.1 surround sound. It will just take the left and right front sound and direct it to all the speakers.

Another option is to purchase a 5.1 suround sound card that would go into the PCICIA slot in your laptop (assuming you have one...). One option would be the Sound Blaster Audigy 2.

I hope one of these suggestions helps your problem
Post back if you still need help

Cheers
Klink

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

i have tried the 1st one..... and it works...... i never knew that mic in and line in can be use as audio out, now i know. THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOUR HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED......

Edited by sempai, 19 November 2006 - 08:49 AM.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users