Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SQL problem Server not known to be running

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:59 AM

Running
Win2k SP4
Office 2000 Developers Edition

I know very little about SQL but everytime I "backup" the database via the MMC MS Enterprise console I get this message:

The SQL Server "PC Name" is not known to be running.  Are you sure you wish to connect

Will the database still get backed up with this message?

I know nothing about SQL, it was built by someone outside of the dept for one of our staff who has now left so getting support from the author is difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

When you connect to the database server via the management console, can you see all the databases and tables etc.?

If so, then the backup should work. If it does not appear to be connected then probably no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users