Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Turning On Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zagnut

zagnut

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

Hello, little new here and I'm not too good at intros, so I'll go to my problem. Basically, it turns on in a sleep-like mode. By that, I mean every time I try to turn my computer on, the light on the tower is orange. I have restarted it many times, yet it won't turn on. If you have any idea, it could help. The moniter works, though. If you need to know more, feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

Do you hear the fans start?

Does anything show up on the screen at all - can you see the bios loading?

#3 zagnut

zagnut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

The fans don't start and the monitor shows the self test message. As for the bios, I've no idea.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

If the fans aren't starting you may have a problem with the power supply or the motherboard, or possibly a loose connection somewhere in the case.

Have you installed or moved any hardware before the problem began or been inside the case for any reason? OR did you move or jar the computer?

In any case, open the computer's case and touch something metal inside the case like the frame with the computer off but it's power plug plugged in so you will be grounded (static electricity can destroy electronic components).

CAREFULLY make sure all connections are tightly made. Press GENTLY to make sure all connections are secure - the connections from the power supply to all internal components, the IDE ribbon connections to the hard drive or the connections to the sata drive if applicable, and all the power connections.

After taking your hand out, press the button to start the computer.

Anything happen? Did the fans turn on/ Do you see any leds light up on the motherboard? Anything?

Edited by Enthusiast, 13 November 2006 - 11:54 PM.

#5 zagnut

zagnut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:17 AM

There are now two lights inside the computer. One from a small gray box named "InNet/Stewart" and the other on the circetboard named "CR7F1". The on the box has an orange and green light glowing when the power cord is connected. Also, nothing had been moved or jarred and the fans still aren't on.

Edited by zagnut, 14 November 2006 - 12:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users