Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Pc With Broadband Connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roy egg eyes

roy egg eyes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

does anybody out there know anything about redteninternet offer of free pc with broadband connection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

www.redteninternet.com
Redten Internet is the UKs first out-of-the-box broadband and PC package. Available from just 19.99 per month, everyone that signs up to our 8Mb BT-powered broadband service will receive an LG Redten PC worth 500.

#3 raeinbow

raeinbow

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

wow. I checked out the page.
3 years. It's like getting a new pda with phone service.
as long as it's good connection, the prices are reasonable...
man, I wish we had a deal like that here
says the connection is 8MB!! I have a question regarding this,
my cable broadband is only 6MB and it flies!! they don't have dsl service here that goes that fast!
Is that what it could do but doesn't do?

As long as the connection claims are correct, it sounds like a great deal!!
3 years is a long time.
and it has a 6 week cancellation policy, I wasn't sure if that meant initially for a return policy or if it takes 6 weeks to turn your service off? surely it was the return policy!?

anyway, in the fist year cancelling will cost you $500
second year cancelling will cost you $400
after 24 months before end of contract it will cost $250

either way, for someone not going anywhere and who can pay the monthly fee without ever failing to do so, the deal is awesome
And the price on that computer seems really good

hey, whats 19.99pounds converted to dollars? That is not $10.58!!
http: / / www.x-rates.com /calculator .html [link is wrong] http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
Tell me you can get internet that cheap???? that is just SO wrong!!
{{{wrong. it's $37 american dollars. okay}}}edited!!!!

Okay, to clarify:
I'm on the west coast, Washington, Pacific NW, USA
I have cable broadband, comcast, 6MB, very fast, lightning speed, I pay $45 month
that is only internet connection, with the standard things
that doesn't include cable ($46 month, basic digital, everything but movie channels), phone ($22 no extras), or anything else.
In other words, I pay out my you-know-what!!!!
no computer for free!!
But if I ever don't have internet connection, then as long as I have a phone I can get free internet. NoCharge(.com) uses local numbers here out of Seattle and provides no cost internet ISP service. It is slower than molasses, but many people here use it as their only connection method. Actually, slower than molasses. Imagine the honey sitting in the fridge for a week and then pouring it out. Like that.

Edited by raeinbow, 15 November 2006 - 08:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users