Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Predictable Ping Spikes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oxycotin

Oxycotin

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

ok Im a BF2 player, and I have 3 computers on a network, for 2 years, I have never had problems with my connection, but recently my connections stinks.
according to Speed tests my DL speed goes from 6000 kb/sec to 250kb/sec. this has been hapining since Timewarner cable bout out my ISP(Adelphia) it could be just a fluke, but there is definatly something wrong. Im sick of calling my ISP and them FORCING me to go through the same Routine i have gone through a thousand time with them, I don't need to call them to talk to someone who knows less about computers then i do(where do they hire these ppl!?) and speaks spanish, not english.

anyways I swaped my modem in for a new one(it was old as hell) and now I can keep a connection (failed to mention I keep loseing it before) but i have this problem.

On bf2 my ping spikes every 5 mins or so, from around 50 to 700 or more sometimes 6000.
It bites, and what good is high speed if it can't STAY fast?
nothing on my end has changed, other then the new modem, but that just improved the problem a bit, the old one would have a good connection for about 4 hours or so then crap out, the new one keeps the connection but it slows WAY down every 5 mins. Or mabye it made the problem worse?

anybody had a problem like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

Is this only happening in BF2? For exmaple if you are download a huge file that would take 20 minutes to download, do you see your transfer rate drop every 5 minutes or so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users