Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 allie20

allie20

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:27 AM

Hello

Please can someone help, when shutting down/restarting my computer comes up with a blue screen with the message
stop: c000021a (fatal system error) the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x00000000-0x000000000) this system has been shut down.

I have followed microsofts message re F8 key and going back to a good condition status but this doesnthelp at alll !

Ive done a deep virus, ad ware and malware scan and the problem is still happening. The hard drive has enough memory and has been in the pc since jan with no problems, recently i have upgraded to broadband but not had problems untill this friday!!!

The internet seems to shut down then reconnect when im on line, not sure what is going on at all, if someone can help i would really appericate it before i pull my hair out!!

Many thanks

Allie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:41 PM

Could you go to the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools in the Control Panel and post the exact error message that will appear.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 allie20

allie20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:30 AM

Ok i will get that done, the computer is running so slow that it may take a while to do! Im having to use another machine at the moment!

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:03 AM

Here's a link to a description of the error: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x21a

Generally this appears to be a problem with the security features of XP (or the services that run them).

I'd suggest another scan - try this free, online one if you can get it done: http://safety.live.com/

If that doesn't fix it, you may be facing a repair or reinstallation of XPPro - so I'd suggest backing up your valuable data right away.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 allie20

allie20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:19 AM

Thanks John

I'm going to have to try that download but problem being the computer crashes whenever i try and connect to the internet! anyway will try what you suggested many Thanks

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone know whether the http://safety.live.com scans and such will work under Safemode with Networking? If so, you could try that.

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

It requires download of Active X components but it's worth a try.

When did this problem begin and can you start in safe mode with command prompt?

If you can, and the problem began less than three weeks ago do the following:

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt
1.Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

2.Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3.Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users