Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Bursters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hellotowyntravel

Hellotowyntravel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:05 AM

Downloading something for no cost. I should have known better, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Out of the blue I have notification of virus infection. At the same time WWW. Virus Bursters.com pops up with a solution. Thank goodness I just stopped before downloading it. I think ive got rid of the viruses if there were any with the help of AOL ans Macafee but Im still getting Virus Bursters popping up all the time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

BC has a self-help removal guide here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70074/how-to-remove-virusburster-or-virusbursters-removal-instructions/

Just follow the steps carefully and you should easily be able to remove it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 worriedguy

worriedguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I followed the instructions to remove Virus Bursters, but I have a problem with my Disk Cleanup...it has never worked before...always stalls at the initial "Calculating how much space you'll be able to free" (just the initial three green bars) even for hours! However, SmitFraudFix, after the initial removal of the temp files immediately went on to ask if I'd want to clean up my registry, to which I typed "y"...the system however did not automatically ask for restart. I did it manually and now the adware is gone. Did a scan with NoAdware and found no more Trojanpopup file in the pc... Just wondering if this means it's resolved...?

Thanks! Would appreciate your comments and feedback.

:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users