Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Logging Off / Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sands

sands

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

:thumbsup:

i have windows XP SP2. lately, out of the blue, i can not get into my desktop. i click my profile to login as usual,
and it attempts to start, then it plays the piano sound "ding dong dong dong" it then says saving your settings and logs me right off. ARGH!!! i don't now what happened

//Mod edit: to remove email address to protect from spamming.

Edited by KoanYorel, 12 November 2006 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

If this just started happening within the last three weeks try going into safe mode with command prompt.

To get to the safe mode menu start tapping F8 as soon as your computer begins to boot and before the Windows Splash Screen comes on.

After getting to safe mode use your up and down arrow to select Safe Mode With Command Prompt.

Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state at a date before the problem began.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users