Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Locks-up After Wireless Network Set-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Harrier

Harrier

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone might be able to offer me some guidance.

I have just set up my wireless network using a Belkin G+ MIMO Modem Router & Belkin G+ Mimo USB adapter. However, since going 'wireless', my PC periodically locks-up for no apparent reason, and the only course of action is to restart it.

I did have trouble with a poor signal from the router, but this has now been replaced and seems to be OK.
It locked up when the router was disconnected (and I was at the store replacing it), so it doesn't appear to be that.
I have tried unplugging the USB adapter when it is locked but this doesn't help either. It doesn't seem to be related to running anything in particular, in fact it often happens when the system is 'idle'.
It doesn't lock up if the USB adapter is unplugged, but the adapter has been exchanged for another so I don't think it is faulty, more likely a conflict somewhere.

Can anyone tell me if there are any known issues with lock-up associated with the Belkin adapter.
Belking suggested updating the drivers for the USB ports which I have done, but the problem still occurs.

My system is a Gigabyte GA-7VA motherboard, an Athlon 2800+ 2.09Ghz processor, 768Mb RAM and I am running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 (if that helps)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerGenie

ComputerGenie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

Hi

I am having a similar problem - its like the network adapter waits until I have gone for a coffee then disconnects itself when you are not looking!!. The only way i can get the conenction back up again is to switch off the computer! Its driving me mad.

I thought it might be something to do with my power settings, ie, when it goes idle, disconnect automatically but I have no idea where to check or reconfigure this

If you make any headway I would appreciate your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users