Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Peachtree 2005

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Gomes

John Gomes

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

I have a Peachtree 2005 program installed in my computer. However since yesterday 11th Nov I have been unable to get into it.
Whenever I click on the Peach icon to get into the program, a dialogue box shows up that says 'C:\PROGRA~1\PEACHT~1\Company\STATUS.DAT'.

I haven't a clue as to what that means. And when I click the help button nothing happens.

In desperation I tried uninstalling the program from the Control panel, hoping that if I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, the problem would resolve itself,but it simply refuses to uninstall, a phenomenon which I have never before encountered.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could shed some light on these two problems and render much needed assistance.

With Thanks,

John Gomes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072...qs.html#_Who_is
How do I delete an earlier version Peachtree (Releases 3.0 through 2005)?
Peachtree 3.0 through 7.0:

Step 1: Delete the PAWxx.ini file. The xx stands for a number; for example, PAW35.ini; PAW36.ini, PAW50.ini, PAW70.ini. The PAWxx.ini file is a subdirectory of Windows; for example, c:\windows\PAW70.ini.

Step 2: Delete the program path; for example, c:\paw7edu. If you do not know where the Peachtree is installed, follow these steps.

a. Right-click on Peachtree's desktop icon. Then, left-click on Properties.
If necessary, select the Shortcut folder tab. The Target box shows where Peachtree is installed; for example, C:\paw7edu. The subdirectory identified as \peachw.exe is the executable file for the program.

Step 3: Empty the Recycle bin.

Step 4: Restart your computer.

Once you have deleted the one or more .ini file(s), install Peachtree Complete Accounting 2005, Release 12, Educational Version. If you do not get the Standard install option, you did not delete the two files shown in steps 1 and 2.

Peachtree 8.0 through 2005

Step 1: Make a backup of any data files that you have created.

Step 2: Close Peachtree Complete Accounting.

Step 3: From the Start menu, select Settings, Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.

Step 4: Select Peachtree Complete Accounting from the list; then click Add/Remove.

Step 5: Select Yes to confirm that you want to remove Peachtree Complete accounting program files.

Step 6: Once the program has been removed and the process has finished, choose to return to Windows.

Step 7: If necessary, delete the c:\windows\pcwxx.ini file; or the c:\windows\pcwxxx.ini file. (Substitute the xs for numbers.)

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users