Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Exclamation System Tray Security Warning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BZeD

BZeD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys, I think Im onto the right people here.

Old man is a computer guru and I'm pretty savvy. He recomended CA VET internet security suite and I bought and installed. Its good as I had nothing before - I know - stupid not to have anything, but I had forgotten I have been offline for years at this machine.

History and machine specs

I have two harddrives. The original 40 gig was known to be infilltrated when it was master drive but i think I have killed the virusus spyware. It has run offline for many months without drama since the new system was installed. Note I have run all new scans on the new software with F: included where I can. (F: is the slave now) They all found multiple occurences on it and deleted them.

C: is my new 200 gig and has been (in the very least) infected with new stuff from a dodgy site. At least this one shows up... One thing happened where my machine would just shut off and restart when at the point of me clicking somewhere.... I thought it might be related to the old "dodgy" f: and meant to do something about it, just happened infrequently enuf to get over and forget it...

Prior to this event there were no visible signs of malware or spy ware, I cant remember why I was there it was late and I knew it was dodgy, lets say that much. I saw them install stuff without me doing anything and then it came to me (really no pun there ) - you bloody idiot - no fire wall no anti virus and no spy bot.

The last few days has been nothing but virus checking and bullbleep to try and remove the infection/s.

Results are as follows:

Installed
the CA vet security suite
The k9 web protector
Adaware
Spybot
AVG spy checker
ATF cleaner

Your site - excellent look by the way I feel confident now I found you

Hijack this

and have downloaded all updates.

Ran them all in safe mode and in normal mode. and hey whaddaya know I have multiple virus problems as in hundreds... then I did it all again - half remained Then again a few then again and two came up in avg all others found nothing.

One thing I noticed was different software found different stuff

AVG seemed to be the most definiative. wish i had boght into them before CA VET...

Ad aware also found a lot of stuff

The main thing was my web page browser home went to www.iesecure.com
and there was a yello circle icon with a black x flashing and poping up all the time.

I had downloaded ad aware from google and planet something website and then this little red x started showing up. also the adaware file wouldnt work

then later on the little red exclamation came with another warning

I finally got adaware and went through everything and have got here....

Still that bleepty muther %^&*() red excalmation keeps coming in the system tray and tells me that i might have spyware

The worst part is the extortion bastards are good - it looks windows "like" and a little like google... I feel for the newbs, and I feel like a newb.

Can you help? My machine runs pretty well now it doesnt stop and I have my full broadband it seems.

I have am paranoid my "proceeses" still have stuff I am unaware of running....

The red exclamtion remains...

Over my head

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:24:22 PM, on 12/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Blue Coat K9 Web Protection\k9filter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\VirtualDrive\VDTask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vcdplayx.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\caissdt.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-4.0.380.0\QOELoader.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Personal Firewall\ca.exe
C:\Program Files\OptusNet DSL Internet\DSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Zelazny\My Documents\?dobe\r?gsvr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNet
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {17EB0C16-C9F7-B276-80FA-B26932AF8D97} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jnqhqj.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {04DF2475-BFD3-42FF-AA32-722AB2B011BD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllmj.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {17EB0C16-C9F7-B276-80FA-B26932AF8D97} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jnqhqj.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {39f25b12-74ff-4079-a51f-1d70f5b08b84} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ixt2.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8bf5b8fc-11cb-409f-8c91-4d4ca04a1b6d} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F18F04B0-9CF1-4b93-B004-77A288BEE28B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\bgxgbefv.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirtualDrive] "C:\Program Files\VirtualDrive\VDTask.exe" /AutoRestore
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vcdplayx] "C:\WINDOWS\vcdplayx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus G] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaISSDT] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\caissdt.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Anti-Spam\QSP-4.0.380.0\QOELoader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Personal Firewall\ca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTDrive] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\drvgam.dll,startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Desktop Service Centre] C:\Program Files\OptusNet DSL Internet\DSC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5746\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Qexwyopc] C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Zelazny\My Documents\?dobe\r?gsvr32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Srur] "C:\DOCUME~1\BENZEL~1\MYDOCU~1\SEMBLY~1\dvdplay.exe" -vt yazb
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://desktop.optusnet.com.au/dsl/favorites/homepage
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab
O16 - DPF: {2359626E-7524-4F87-B04E-22CD38A0C88C} (ICSScannerLight Class) - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/cm/ICSCM_ca.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: mllmj - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mllmj.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winuns32 - winuns32.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: bonspells - {11853d5f-f894-4cc7-bbc3-fc7a9dcfd896} - (no file)
O21 - SSODL: archenteric - {d7bdd42a-7e69-4bb8-aac3-d76ff65a3aa3} - (no file)
O23 - Service: ANIWZCSd Service (ANIWZCSdService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\ANIWZCSdS.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Blue Coat K9 Web Protection (WebFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Blue Coat K9 Web Protection\k9filter.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr_JAk3

Mr_JAk3

HJT Team Member

• Members
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:28 AM

Hi BZeD and welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

You got some infections there...

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis (scanner.exe )log.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

NOTE: Do not run any other options from SmitfraudFix until I tell you to do so!
UNITE & ASAP member since 2006
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users