Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error "cannot Perform This Operation B/c The Default Client Is Not Properly Installed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:07 AM

This has occurred to me before, the above error in respect of me clicking on a Support Link as an example and I get a message that "Could not perform this operation b/c the default mail client is not properly registered.

I did some googling on the "Error", but do not really understand the issue. Why can't I click on a Link and reach the customer support as an example for one of the programs that I use???

Is there a workaround this or have I got a setting wrong.

I would appreciate the words of wisdom from this great forum.

BTW, I am not sure if this is where I post this??? For best results in responses.

Thankyou, as this Error is becoming frustrating to say the least!!

Thankyou and cheers!!
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

In Internet Explorer, go to:

Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab

Next to: Email what program is listed, and is this the main program you use to get your emails?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

Thx for the reply, did your check and it is Outlook Express that I get my e-mails by which is indicated under programs in Internet Options.

I hope that this info helps.
Best Regards.

#4 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:38 PM

I did finally figure this out as I had to go in and change my "email" to another within the options and click apply and then go back in the drop down menu and in the "email" change it to OE and apply and now all of the "cannot persorm this operation b/c the default client is not properly installed" Error has stopped.

Thought that I should post for other members benefit in the event the same problem is encountered.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users