Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Offline Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:05 AM

Hi, I was advised to click 'tools/internet options/delete cookies/delete files/delete all offline content/clear history' if I want to clear my cache or just to be safe.

Sometimes, I would like to keep certain web page with the usefull info with it and view it offline when Im free.(I clicked add to favourite/ make available offline / synchronise) so I don't have to switch on my internet modem in order to read the offline info i need (eg: news, recipe, etc).

But by clicking delete all offline content, my saved pages are no onger readable....
May I know how to keep my offline pages, how to save to another location maybe?
If I choose not to delete all my offline content, what is the risk I will be facing?

Thanks

-verons88- :thumbsup:
Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

It may take a little longer, but I prefer to copy and paste text into a word processor and save the document in one of several folders by subject matter that I keep for just that purpose.
The main risk in not deleting off-line content is that it can grow like Topsy and eventually can cause IE to do strange things, as well as take up a lot of hard drive space.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Verons88

Verons88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:35 AM

Hi John, Thanks for the reply.
I used to do that (copy into word sheet) too. It works if most content is in text.
Sometimes I need to keep pages with pictures in it.

I now trying another way by clicking File/save as/web page complete *.html, to my New Folder (I will then rename it). It seems fine to me, just that it will drag along a folder with it (all the gifs, pics, etc).

BTW, any idea how to keep pages with the link included? (eg: if u click Tutorial, it will bring u to the tutorial page-offline) Is this possible?

Oh, what is Topsy? and what strange things will IE do? (sorry, im very new to this internet thingy, just bought my 1st modem last month)

Thanks again :thumbsup:
Veronica Yeoh

Edited by Verons88, 13 November 2006 - 02:38 AM.

Veronica Yeoh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users