Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

S-video To Tv From Ati Pci Xpress Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rascea

Rascea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:17 AM

Hello, I have a brand new computer that has a ATI X1600 Pro Video Card and a 21" WS monitor set at 1680x1050:

http://powerspec.com/systems/system_specs....?selection=9202
http://powerspec.com/systems/system_compon...;selection=9202

I've had NVidia Ti Series in my previous PC and my laptop had the integrated Video Out. Both I was able to feed to my TV with little problems (except for an overlay setting set wrong). Yet for some reason I can't get anything to show up on my TV BUT the desktop background pic. I've tried all the resolution settings and still no start menu, windows, or anything is showing but the background.

I thought maybe I needed drivers because I couldn't even find an ATI configuration tool... so I installed some and that turned out to be a bad idea. It crashed my computer to the point of not even booting into windows. So I had to do a restore, etc to get back to normal. Now I'm back to square one. Any suggestions? I'm using the XP display settings to extend it to secondary device. I thought there would be a way to switch it completely over to the TV without the cloning. All I want to do is feed Windows Media Player to the TV to record video from my PC to my stand alone DVD recorder. I didn't think it would be so difficult. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help... I'd really appreciate it!

Renee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

Is this issue still pending?

0 user(s) are reading this topic