Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Pc Should I Buy To Drive A 32" Lcd Tv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 auag

auag

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:05 AM

Hi

I have just bought a TCL 32" LCD TV with VGA input (Model LCDTV3212S - 1368*768 pixels) and I simply want to mount it in the window of my shop (rotated 90 degrees (so it is in portrait mode)) and run a continuous Powerpoint presentation.

When I hooked it up to a PC I had (an old one, admittedly), I had black bands down the side and the display was very 'wavy'.

So, I figure I will need a new PC with a pretty good graphics adapter to run this. The card (software??) would also need to be capable of rotating the image 90 degrees.

Can you help as I really don't have any idea and all of the retailers that I have spoken to don't either ... surely it can't be that hard.

The TV also has a HDMI interface, if that helps.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

You can spend a few hundred dollars or so, and buy 1.5GHz+ up computer from the pawn shop to use with that monitor. If you want to spend top dollar, then I'd say, probably any computer you choose, even with your eyes closed.

The graphics cards on the average newer computer will do what you need to do. Heck,, some low grade computers play some of the most graphical games around without any problems.

Just pick a computer you like (check the specifications) and I'm sure it'll do you just fine.

#3 theguy

theguy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:55 AM

Sounds like you just need a video card, not an entire system. Newegg and tigerdirect both sell fairly inexpensive ones that support tv hook ups.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

You might not need anything
Start > Control Paned > Appearance and Themes > Display > Settings > Advanced > Adapter > List all Modes:

see if your TVs resolution is listed.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users