Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Copy In Firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kanbun

kanbun

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.8 and cannot copy any text or links by right click and copy, or by copy on the edit menu. Whenever I do this, the paste option is not available. I have tried this function with IE and it works fine, so this is just a Firefox problem. Also, I use Firefox on all my computers, and this function works fine everywhere but my laptop. Is there an option somewhere that I'm missing?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

This problem is usually caused by malware. Read the discussions in the link I provided to understand how to search for evidence of the malware "advertisemen" and info on how to remove. You should read the entire info before searching.
http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/141
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 kanbun

kanbun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

:thumbsup: Many thanks!! I checked your link, and was able to execute the fix. It worked, and my copy function is back. Thanks again!!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

You might also consider upgrading to FF2.0
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

I found that when paste wont work from the mouse button use Ctrl+V and it pastes then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users