Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warcraft 3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Well, I found my copy of WC3 lying around so I decided to install it and play it.

But there's one problem that's been bothering me for a while. I can't create games in multiplayer. I mean, I can create the actual game, but noone can join it. I check Blizzard's FAQ, and it said it's either because my firewall's blocking it, or because of my router.

I changed some settings in my firewalls (windows firewall and zonealarm) so that WC3 is accepted by them. But I still can't make online games.

So my question is, how do I configure my router so that I can finally create games?

Here's the link to Blizzard's FAQ page.
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awr0655p

EDIT: So I did some more checking, and it turns out that I might have to download a firmware for my router.
http://www.networkeverywhere.com/support/nwr04bsupport.asp

If this is the case, how do I update it?

Edited by Detox, 11 November 2006 - 07:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:52 AM

I play warcraft 3 and I had that same problem. For a while I just turned my DMZ off so I could host games. Then I found this very helpful site portforward.com they tell you how to configure your router for lots of games and such. If you have a linksys wireless router I could tell you what I did.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:55 AM

Hmmm..you really should not have windows firewall and zone alarm running at the same time. Having two firewalls only creates double the work and can conflict with each other. I recommend keep ZA and disabling the windows firewall. Then open the necessary ports in ZA.

Just make sure TCP 6112 is allowed in on ZA and you should be ok.

#4 Detox

Detox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hmmm..you really should not have windows firewall and zone alarm running at the same time. Having two firewalls only creates double the work and can conflict with each other. I recommend keep ZA and disabling the windows firewall. Then open the necessary ports in ZA.

Just make sure TCP 6112 is allowed in on ZA and you should be ok.

How do you do that?

#5 magman68classic

magman68classic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:47 PM

get to your router (192.168.0.1 is default for my linksys) go to port fowarding and have it go from port 6112 and finish at port 6112. Thats how to do it on mine though. its roughly the same for all routers.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

Magman, hes using Zone alarm...its different.

I just put up a tutorial on adding ports to Zone Alarm:

How to open ports in Zone Alarm Professional

#7 magman68classic

magman68classic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

ok

#8 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

Whats your acct name on wc3 i play that game alot and i always enjoy meeting new people preferably ppl that don't suck lol.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#9 magman68classic

magman68classic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

magman68classic.....i really only play DOTA, nor do I play that much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users