Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help For Avast Av

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 superking

superking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

Okay so i install the latest avast AV 4.7 pro. Before it needs to restart the comp to work it asks if i want to scan the computer before it logs into windows i click no as i do not want to waste time and i want to update the AV database before scanning. Okay so i do all that and now i decide that i want to scan the computer before windows starts up. I used the earlier version before and it managed to scan the computer in DOS mode before starting into windows to prevent any occurance of a virus already running at start up and thus the program will be unable to remove it.

I need help on how to find the option on scanning the computer before it starts into windows as this option is not available in simple or advanced mode.

Thanks for any advice given and hello to all as this is my very first post here as a new member. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpiritWind

SpiritWind

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:59 AM

Hi :

What you are looking for is called the "Boot scan", which you access by
RIGHT-clicking the Avast icon in the System Tray, select "Start avast Antivirus"
and when it finishes the "Memory Scan", RIGHT-click on the GUI and select
"Schedule Boot-Time Scan".

ANY FUTURE questions about Avast should be asked on THEIR Support forums.

**Admin edit to remove snotty response. SpritWind, if that is your preferred method of intercation with others, then please consider moving to another forum. simply contact a member of staff, and we will be glad to remove your account.**

Edited by groovicus, 19 November 2006 - 06:02 PM.

#3 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

I'm just a member here, and a new one at that. However, I think that you make it sound like people are not allowed to ask questions about Avast here on BC, and even though it's not my place, I have a strong feeling that the moderators would tend to disagree with that. I see that you are just a regular member, too, and it is my opinion...OPINION... that neither you nor I have the right to tell people what they can and can't post. I promise, with all good intentions, I am not trying to "start" something. It's just that to me, and perhaps to superking as well, your post came across sounding that way. All the best.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hello superking

I thought I'd post this link just in case.
How to Install, Configure, and Use Avast Antivirus
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...tml#Configuring

By the way for future reference, we have many, many wonderfully written tutorials here on site.

Bleeping Computer -> Tutorials -> All Tutorials

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users