Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viruses Keep Coming Back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slicktrick689

slicktrick689

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

For the past couple weeks or so my computer has been infected. They've been all sorts of different viruses and Norton Antivirus 2006 scans, finds them, and removes them but they keep coming back. I tried doing a system restore to about 2 months ago and the problem didnt resolve itself. I've also tried using Roguescanfix and smitRem to no avail. My computer is running windows XP media center edition if that helps

Any help is appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:35 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer slicktrick689
Let's try this before we go to HiJackThis
Run the NAV again then do the following as you may be reinstalling the virus.

Empty your Recycle Bin.
Next
Update your windows Windows Update

Next
Create a new Restore Point:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
Then when Restore opens, select Create a new restore point and click Next
Give the the restore point a name like New and clean >Click Create

Then delete old Restore points:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup > Click Ok.
Click the more options tab > notice System Restore > click clean up >Reboot

A little extra protection

Now install SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 .

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.
update weekly
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users