Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default Settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 littlej

littlej

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

[b]hi everyone :thumbsup: i am new to this so hope you can help.when i try to alter the default program settings in xp home it will not work. it keeps resetting to the old ones. i have tried to set to microsoft settings but it is still the same.any advice?

(Moderator edit: moved thread to more appropriate forum and expanded Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 11 November 2006 - 12:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

Can you be more specific about which program settings you are trying to change and what procedure you are using to try and change them?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 littlej

littlej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

hi am using set access and default program in xp.trying to set outlook express as default

Edited by littlej, 11 November 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

To make Outlook Express your default mail program,in Outlook Express,go to Tools/Options/General,then click the button that says "Make Default",then click Okay.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 littlej

littlej
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

hi TMacK thanks for the reply.i have tried the tools option, but when i go back on" out exps " it says not default..i have had problem since downloading " internet exp 7" also computer freezes if i try a contact link in "internet exp7" something to do with"mailto" am going to delete 7 see if that cures it thanks for your help. ...............john

Edited by littlej, 13 November 2006 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users