Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remember Our Soldiers On Veterans Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:53 PM

EVERYBODY: PLEASE REMEMBER VETERANS DAY TODAY. THIS IS TO HONOR OUR SOLDIERS WHO CONTRIBUTED, AND DEDICATED, AND SACRIFICED FOR THE PEACE AND WELFARE OF OUR COUNTRY. AND, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET OUR SOLDIERS WHO ARE IN THE FRONTLINE OF IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN FIGHTING FOR OUR LIBERTY. PLEASE KEEP THEM IN YOUR HEART AND PRAY FOR THEIR WELLNESS. LET THEM KNOW WE APPRECIATE THEM VERY MUCH FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY, AND WE SUPPORT THEM ALL THE WAY. GOD BLESS THEM AND KEEP THEM SAFE. WARMLY. YOYO. :thumbsup:

Edited by MGBY, 10 November 2006 - 06:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

They may be in harms way, but they're all being looked after, one by one.

I have never in my life fogotten about Veterns Day, once I knew about it. My birthday being just the day before it, and, on November 10, (I believe 1846 or so?), that's when the US Marine Coprs came into existence. I'm not sure of the exact year, but I've read that somewhere. That was cool to know. On my birthday. A Day In History.

ALL TROOPS OF ALL BRANCHES NEED OUR SUPPORT - SO LET'S GIVE IT TO THEMM

Edited by Walkman, 10 November 2006 - 06:26 PM.

#3 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

Walkman: With thoughtful, patriotic individual like you supporting the soldiers, they are very blessed indeed. They deserves our support, as without them this country can not thrive in social, political, economical prosperity. We are indebted to them always. Born back to back to the Veteran Day, how wonderful and cool can that be! Take care. Warmly. YOYO. :thumbsup:

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

No... I thank you.... you're reminding me AND everyone to remember those that are fighting for us, wether, yesterday, today or tomorrow (past, present, future).

They need us.. as much as we need them. I know they're scared to be out there, but they are BRAVE to be out there. I truely salute each and every one of them. And I hope they all come home soon. We all miss them, and they miss all of us.

Don't worry,,, They'll be home soon enough.

#5 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:48 AM

This 'Legacy' site has such lovely personal tributes to those who have died so we may live in peace - it's enough to make my heart weep forever (there is a link on the site for the tributes for those in previous wars, too).

http://www.legacy.com/Soldiers.asp?Page=FSMovingTributes
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

God Bless you guys and gals :thumbsup:

On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.
a little more info in my blog here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/boop....php?&st=10

Thanks for remembering,remember to thank a veteran ..
Semper Fi... Non sibi sed patriae...

edit: nice link MaraM

Edited by boopme, 11 November 2006 - 11:47 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude and love to those of you here that have served for our freedoms that we hold dear, and also take for granted. Saying Thank You doesn't seem adequate but from the bottom of my heart Thank You.

To those who have served and paid the ultimate price and died for our freedoms,
Thank you! Thank you for keeping us free.

To those missing and unaccounted for,
Peace Be With You
Thank You! Thank you for your protection.

To those men and women who serve now
I support you. I believe in you!
Thank You so much for your efforts and sacrifices!

Happy Veteran's Day

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#8 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

They done us proud god bless them all