Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up Box In Outlook Asking For User Name And Password

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lobud

lobud

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:23 PM

When I am using Outlook a pop up box asking for username and password comes on and the username and password are already entered I check OK but box will not go away. I contacted our server and they said the connection is fine. I cannot send email and this is getting very annoying Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Did this just start happening or is this a new setup for that Outlook account?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

That is probably occurring because your Outlook ap is not saving your username and password on whatever account it is asking for the name and password for.

I do not have Outlook installed so I cannot tell you the proper sequences to click to access your accounts - and it also depends on which version of Outlook you are using, but click on "Tools", and then "Accounts" and explore to find the proper settings and the box to have Outlook remember them.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

It could also be from the account setting not being right. If they are entered wrong Outlook or Outlook Express will prompt you for the proper user\password. It cannot tell the setting are wrong, only that your user\password will not you to have access to the sever your setting are set for.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

Hi lobud, :thumbsup: to BC :flowers:

What Outlook are using, Outlook Express or one of the Office Outlooks (2000, 2002 etc...)? Did this just start or are you just setting up this account?

This sounds like you may not have set your account up properly. During my last reformat I inadvertently made a mistake typing some of the setup information for my ISP on one of my accounts and I received the same pop up until I found and corrected the problem.

Check with your ISP for the proper set up procedures for the version of Outlook you are using then go into your Outlook user accounts and make sure that the information is entered correctly. One letter or period out of place is going to prevent Outlook from connecting to either your incoming server, outgoing server or your account itself and it is going to "think" you have entered the wrong information and pop up the password screen.

With Outlook 2002 (from Office XP) go to Tools - E-mail Accounts then select View or change existing e-mail accounts and then select the problem email account and press the Change button. Make sure to test the account settings from the set up window. The portion of the test that you fail should give you an idea of where your problem lies.

Edited by Ronbo, 13 November 2006 - 11:21 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users