Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mid Range

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bballjoe

bballjoe

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

i have a a new comp
is this good
and when am i goign to need to upgrade
amd athlon 3800
1 gig ram
nvidia geforce 7600 gs
160 g hard drive

(Moderator edit: expanded topic description and moved thread to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 11 November 2006 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:34 PM

You wrote

i have a a new comp
is this good

Is is bad to have a new computer? Of course it's good. Be happy about it.... and get to know it better.

You wrote

and when am i goign to need to upgrade

Who says you're going to have to upgrade? At the price of upgrading, you're better off keeping what you have and simply buy another one (of a faster updated technology)

You wrote

amd athlon 3800
1 gig ram
nvidia geforce 7600 gs
160 g hard drive

You have something that works very well and fast. Of the 4 computers I have, that computer you have is faster than 2 of mine. Please... do me and yourself a favor,,,, don't try to keep up with the Jones'. If your computer runs and works, and performs the way you want and need it to..... save your money, and make sure upgrading ISN'T on your list of "things to do". I have a computer way older than yours, a 650 MHz, 400M RAM, and that things runs like it wants me. It doesn't crash, it doesn't "blue screen" on me, and it runs the most powerful programs that are out there.

On one of my other omputers, that isn't much more than the one I mentioned, is running Macromedia Cold Fusion on it. I have probably the most lowest graded computers than people use today..... but neither of any of the four I have, ever crash, or do the un-expected..... and make me want to trash them.

If you get tired of your computers, use them for documents, recipies, information lookups, web searches,.. etc.. I can go on and on and on.... Don't ever let anyone convince you that your computer is too old to do it's job... That's simply not true. And I'm a witness four time more... to prove it.

The computer you have is not only good... it's excellent. It works... right?... it does it's job... right?... Well, tell them you've heard it from me.

#3 bballjoe

bballjoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

ty
i am happy with it it does a good job gamning
ty for your adives

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

When will you need to upgrade it- when the things you want to use on it dont work anymore.

My computer is slower than yours but it works fine for me. If you were to go spend 3 thousand on a new pc in a year or two its worth maybe 900 or less.

Dont worry about getting the best get what you need.

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

When will you need to upgrade it- when the things you want to use on it dont work anymore.

My computer is slower than yours but it works fine for me. If you were to go spend 3 thousand on a new pc in a year or two its worth maybe 900 or less.

Dont worry about getting the best get what you need.

No one could have said that any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users