Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dtop

dtop

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:41 PM

I recently upgraded my system to XP. I had a problem with downloading a program. I got some help and and they had me delete my cookies. Now my computer doesn't remember logons or passwords on my applications. How do I get my computer to remember my logons and passwords again??
Thank you for any help,
:thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Closed open BBCode tags. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 10 November 2006 - 08:49 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

If it's just cookies, then you'll have to re-enter your information for it to be remembered again. If it's not doing this, it's because another setting has most likely been changed. What else did they have you do to your system?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:33 AM

If it won't save cookies now your browser's settings have been changed to disallow them.

#4 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:03 AM

Thank you Sergeant Major and Enthusiast
I don't know what else they had me do. How do I get my settings back so my computer can remember the information.??
Thank you :thumbsup:

Edited by jgweed, 11 November 2006 - 12:33 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,987 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:20 AM

Click start/control panel/double click Internet Options/click privacy tab/click advanced/put a check in "accept first party cookies"/ check override automatic cookie handling/uncheck always allow session cookies/select block third-party cookies/click OK

If it is the cookie handling settings in IE that are the problem, then changing your settings to above configuration will fix your problem and block advertising and spyware cookies.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

Thank you Buddy215 I followed your instructions and I will let you know how it worked out.
Thanks again,
:thumbsup:

Edited by jgweed, 11 November 2006 - 12:34 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users