Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rays PC

Rays PC

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

hello all, new to BC forum, grateful for all the helpful info..

I was on antoher site and got lots of great help, and now have another question. I was reading the post regarding simple steps to keep your computer secure.

My question is this.. my computer was infected with some stuff, and after running some programs and posting a HJT log along with a AVG log, is my computer safe now??

The reason I ask, is that I am now afraid to do anything personal such as banking, because I feel that there is something in my computer that could be sending my personal information somewhere...I am being paranoid??

I am running the following:
AVG Spyware
AVAST anti virus (which when I run gives me a list of unable to scan list--dont know what to do about these items)
Ad Aware SE
Spybot S&D
Zone Alarm firewall

I also have the following installed:
Ccleaner
Smitfraud
Look2me
Virtumundo
Vundo

I just changed over to Firefox as my internet browser

My system is running Windows XP SP2

Also started having problems with WMP. Get a window saying decoder is not installed, used to be OK.

Just bought this system last August and runs OK, but not as fast as it use to.

Thanks, and hope its OK if I put so much stuff into my intro post.

Ray

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hello Rays PC,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. You're in the right place for your computer needs.

Concerning your HijackThis Logs, there is a section here on this forum that is devoeted to just that. Post your log(s) in there, and someone will assist you ASAP.

You are doing the right thing as far as you wanting to not do banking online because of this problem. My advise... wait until you get help from one of the specialized professionals here before you continue with online baking or anything else that may expose your identity. Just wait for the results of your logs.

You're doing better than many people, because you're using some sort of protection. Although you may be already infected, you protection can help to reduce the damage that may incurr further down the road.

Keep your protection, read the threads, and learn fron the pro's here. You're goning to be a happier person in the long run.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

Hello, Rays PC.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users