Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Cleaner.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:59 PM

Hey i was wondering were i could get a fully free registry cleaner. Not one of those registry scans that makes you register to actually clean the registry. Thanks much. sorry if this is the wrong place.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:43 AM

RegSupreme isn't fully free but you get all the functionality during the 30 day trial, so you can clean the registry with it, and it is the best registry cleaner out there.

Easy Cleaner isn't as good a registry cleaner but it is fully free, and has a bunch of other useful features as well.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

Windows live One Care is offering a free scan and repair that includes registry cleaning, defragging, malware scanning and clean up of temp files and logs. Makes sense to let Windows clean their own registry!
http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

A word of caution before you use any registry cleaner is appropriate, since deleting needed entries in your registry can not only cause serious problems to your operating system, but more frequently, cause applications you use to either not work or not function properly. Unless you are sure that a problem will be resolved by registry changes, use any application with extreme caution.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

I use ccleaner to purge my temporary internet files, but it also has a registry cleaning option. It's 100% free! I stopped using the registry cleaner because I'm afraid that I will mess up my compy. ccleaner is a good program, but please heed John's advice before you use it!!!!

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:51 AM

CCleaner is a great tool - but using it for any other reason than the cleaner is to invite disaster if you don't know exactly what you're doing. It is a very powerful tool and can accomplish a lot - but with one misstep you can trash your entire computer!

I'd stick with the scan at http://safety.live.com/ (because it's the only registry cleaner supported by Microsoft) and only scan your registry occasionally. The more that you do, the more chance there is for something to go wrong - and you don't want this happening with your registry!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users