Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.trojan Infection What To Do

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emunah

Emunah

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

c:\progmramf files\...\vupdman32.exe

infected with backdoor trojan and unable to be repaired by symantec norton.
I know these stuff are very important how do i remove?

also I could use a recomendation on fire wall sofwares.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

Ok What OS, Browser and Anti virus/spyware tools do you have.
I'm going with XP here:

Download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Free in "SAFE MODE". How to start Windows in Safe Mode
Print out the AVG Install and Scan Instructions. HERE
Be sure to check for the any updates to all these programs after you install them.

Download and run SUPERAntiSypware, free version Home User

Now Run Windows Live OneCare
Be sure to click ONLY on the grey box below the picture of a wrench “Full Service Scan”
This may take some time especially it it needs to defragment the drive.
Please post back with any questions and results
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 TexDeuce

TexDeuce

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:41 PM

I have a virus that comes up on my AVG that says trojan horse backdoor.generic3.lkm

It is in the netapi.exe file or whatever that means.

AVG heals it every time, but every day it comes back! Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this dam thing. I am not great with computers so could someone please help, thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

netapi.exe This is an undesirable program.

This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.

Please follow the how to remove instructions here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Netapi-3627.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users