Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wow..great Animated Video On Evolution By Carl Sagan

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

IMHO everyone should see this at least once :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:06 PM

I'd have liked a little more colour. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:52 PM

Am sure this may make those that don't believe in Evolution grind the enamel off their teeth - but I loved it and thanks so much for sharing the link! And it actually be easy enough for my grandchildren to understand when I share it with them this weekend - thanks again, Grinler.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:14 AM

Would like to see this,but with being on dial up,I would like an idea of of the length of this video.
Thx
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:28 AM

TMacK

7min. 55sec.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:50 AM

Wow,that would take a long time to download,probably well over an hour!
Thanx tg1911....we are presently working on getting satellite internet service,so will wait till then!
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:55 PM

Also found some of the old schoolhouse rock videos on youtube. Now those were great growing up and fun way to learn.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:02 PM

Conjunction Junction:

Internplanet Janet

How a Bill Becomes a Law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ

Electricity, Electricity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDDasGR_UQ

Sufferin' Till Sufferage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgIX4OVhgv4

Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDEHmXXJHM

Pirates and Emperors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQBWGo7pef8

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

Am sure this may make those that don't believe in Evolution grind the enamel off their teeth

Why?

I watched the first 2 mins. If it goes like that for the other 4 mins then its just more garbage from the science books about evolution.

#10 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:08 AM

Hey, I don't call your Bible teachings "garbage", CGM.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#11 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

Thanks for those additional links, Grinler - will be great fun to watch them again with grandsons!

Kind thoughts,
Mara

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

Mara believe me I had no intentions of offending anyone by my "garbage" comment.

But evolution is garbage. Its just a theory to try and prove a way for the universe to happen without a creator.

If you were to look at the science books throughout the years the EVOLUTION books and information change. Its a theory!(not fact) that keeps changing.

I dont believe in evolution. Evolution teaches we are animals nothing but random things. When we are not. Read this article I found.
http://www.gotquestions.org/creation-evolution.html

If you want to talk pm me.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 11 November 2006 - 11:32 PM.

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

But evolution is garbage. Its just a theory to try and prove a way for the universe to happen without a creator.

CGM, you need to pick your words more carefully. Though, you may not believe in evolution, that does not make it garbage. Would you like it if people called creationism garbage?

Try to respect other peoples beliefs.

Also no more comments on religion...this is not what this thread was meant for. If you dont like the video...go to a different topic.

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:14 AM

Just wanted to reply back so you knew I read this post.
I will not debate in topics like this anymore unless they are in the speak easy as thats what that forum is for.
Sorry for getting out of hand here.

#15 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:27 AM

Grinler, thanks again for the school house rock videos site! My grandsons loved them - in fact, the youngest one (after re-watching 'Planet Janet' 13 times!!), left here singing the song! Hoot!

I sent the link to a friend of mine who is a Grade 1 teacher and she wrote back to say she thinks wee videos such as these are a great starting point' to discuss these topics with her little ones, too.

Thanks again!

Kind thoughts,
Mara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users