Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Im New

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Verons88

Verons88

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hi, Im new here. I was browsing thru some of the post & I saw most of them have amazing looking 'banner' at the bottom, nice avantar, and some cute emoticons.

May I know how to create them? (The moving emoticons especially!) Did u guy get it from a certain website? Or just created it all by yourself? Any program that I can use to create emoticons?
(Previously I downloaded Fun web toolbar that allows me to have some great emoticons, BUT I WAS INFECTED BY SPYWARE / MALWARE after I installed it) So now, I have got my comp cleaned by Ad-aware, Spybot, etc.

I like graphic design a lot, but only have very basic Photoshop knowledge. (as u can see my current avantar is my cat, taken and edited using my mobile phone)

Pls give some guide, thanks a lot!

-verons88- :thumbsup:

Edited by Verons88, 09 November 2006 - 10:18 AM.

Veronica Yeoh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:09 AM

To create animated images, you would need a program that can create animated GIF's.
I haven't used it, but Movies 13 is a free one, you might want to try out.
I'm sure you could find others to try, by searching some Freeware sites.
Here's a few you can try:
snapfiles.com
filehippo.com
softpedia.com
nonags.com
majorgeeks.com

A couple of things to remember:

1. Avatar's can be no larger than 83 pixels x 83 pixels.
If they're any larger, they will be resized by the forum software, causing them to no longer be animated.

2. As per the forum rules, images in your sig can be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high, and you're only allowed one image.

Only one image per signature. Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. If you have more than one image you will be requested to remove one. If this is not done in a timely manner the staff has the right to modify your signature to abide by these rules.

Discussion Rules
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

If you really have your heart set on getting an avatar or banner then you could just ask for one...in fact I have a form just for that called "Siggy Request" you should find it in this form
Posted Image

#4 Verons88

Verons88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

Thanks tq1911 for the guideline for making avantar. I've downloaded movie13, but havent tried it out yet.

To Siggyman, thanks. Will check it out soon for your form.

-veronica yeoh- :thumbsup:
Veronica Yeoh

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

You're welcome, Verons88.
Let us know how the program works.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users