Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In Desperate Need Of Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 L_H

L_H

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

I installed bit torrent last night and unblocked a firewall to do it.

Anyway, something didn't seem right when I did it and lo and behold I woke up this morning and when I turn my laptop on, the dell loading screen comes up, loads as normal, then my screen freezes momentarily and the dell loading screen loads up again.

This keeps happening and the same thing would happen over and over again all day if I didn't turn the computer off. The windows screen doesn't come up after the first dell screen as normal, so basically I can't access my laptop in any way. All I can do is go into the setup or boot menu. I can't even access a point where I can move a mouse or type anything in, as the computer wont move onto that screen...

Whats happening? I assume I've got a virus? but it has been suggested it may be a hard drive problem...

Im an amateur with all things computers, so ANY advice would be a help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

I'm not sure, but...

What happened to me was that the Laptop's CPU temperature was SO hot that the laptop restarts itself so that it doesen't burn. In the Setup, can you see any Temperature of the CPU?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

Can you get into Safe Mode, and perhaps run your AV and checkdisk from there?
Prior to installing Bit Torrent, had you had any sort of similar problem?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users