Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop And Laptop Networking With One Printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jblair

jblair

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

I have a dell desktop with ethernet cable to a linksys router and a compaq laptop with wireless access built in it.From the dell in my network I can see the dell and the laptop. From the laptop Ican see the laptop but not the dell. This is preventing me to print to my printer on the dell. A friend came over with his laptop turnded it on found my wireless signal with little work and printed to my printer. I would appriciate anybodies help.

thanks, jblair

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:52 AM

can you pin the dell machine. If you know what the IP address is will it ping it?

It could be that the wireless modem is not sending the DNS so it will not resolve the name of the Dell Machine. This is only a hunch. First thing to see if it is would be to ping the Dell machine and see if you get a reply. Then do the same to the wireless adapter if you don't.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users