Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mpeg2 To Dvd Conversion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baso3456

baso3456

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone tried converting mpeg2 files into a playable dvd that would work on any dvd player? When a dvd is sucessfully made, what format has it become? I think dvd is mpeg2.

Edited by baso3456, 08 November 2006 - 10:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

You can have a look at different mpeg2 to dvd convertion softwares list here.

jb.

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

The easiest softwares you'll want to use are:

DVD Santa
WinAVI

DVD Santa will be the easiest, because it'll convert it from the mpg to the dvd in one step for you.

While WinAVI is the fastest conversion tool I believe out there, you'll have to do it in two stages. First, from mpg - avi. Then from avi - dvd. But, it's the fastest conversion tool I've used so far.

TIP: Make sure you have DVD-RW's available. It's so disturbing to read posts where people complain that they've wasted their cd's/dvd's. You can avoid that.

Also, converting from mpg to dvd can sometimes cause audio sync problems. Make sure you scan through the movie in various parts of it to make surre the voice is aligned with the mouth.

If your movie doesn't sync correctly, you'll have to seperate the sound from the video, then merge the two together using another tool.

#4 baso3456

baso3456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks Jbravo and Walkman. I appreciate your replies very much. While waiting for replies I have figured out how to watch the mpeg2 movies on my hardrive by putting them on a regular tv set using my video card and S-video hookup. It would not work at first untill I made the tv set my main video source and my monitor a secondary source. Leaving my monitor as main source only allowed me to watch a movie on the monitor but nothing appeared on the tv set except the desktop and whatever app I would use to try to see the movie. Also, I was able to burn a mpeg2 as a data disc. It played video but not audio. Thanks again for your help.

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:58 AM

Depending on how the movie was converted at first, you may need to adjust your audio channel settings on your tv. Some people don't do a good job converting movies. You can see and hear everything on the computer, but when you either convert it, or simply play on tv, (either though a video -out card, or a DivX player), the sound may be gone. It's a common problem.

While the movie is playing, play around will all of your audio/sound settings. It just may be on a different channel than what you're tv/player is set to.

#6 baso3456

baso3456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:38 AM

Thanks Walkman. I will play around with the tv audio settings and see what happens. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users