Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Runs Very Very Slow, Cannot Access Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sheena Easton Fan

Sheena Easton Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

Greetings all ...
This is my first post.

Yesterday, I found that my computer got the vwwdiag32.exe infection.

As result, computer runs very very very slowly. It takes 30-45 minutes for dialog boxes to appear. For example, I clicked on SBC Yahoo to access Internet. It took 30-35 mins just for the box to show up that would let me enter my user name. After I enter my name and password, it takes another 20-30 minutes to confirm that I am "in".

When I try to move dialog boxes on my screen or minimise the windows, it takes similarly long time for windows to move ... like 20-30 mins.

I also got a dialog box that says "361101032252978.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You need to restart".

I took the following steps:

1) Ran Ad-Aware SE, took every step they told me to take.
2) installed Spybot. Could not load the updates because my computer running soooo slow.
3) Already got rid of junk from hard drive (ie undesired apps, old digital pics, etc)
4) Ran a Hijack This. But am not posting the log here, because your rules say not to.

I want to install stuff like Panda Anti-Virus, McAfee AVERT Stinger, and Housecall Anti-Virus. But computer is running so slow to respond betwn clicks.

What should I do next ?

Computer is very very slow, like walking thru molasses. I am posting this msg from a backup computer.

Pls help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

Ran a Hijack This. But am not posting the log here, because your rules say not to.

Try going to the HijackThis section of this forum, and ask a HJT expert for help in posting a HJT log. First See The Preparation Guide found here = http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Follow ALL of the instructions found there. Then post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found here = http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users