Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorry. I've Tried Everything I Could Think Of.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 smokingguns

smokingguns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

alright... so... normally i wouldn't trouble anyone over things like this. i've successfully cleaned my system before, but i'm seriously stumped.

i've got somethin in my computer that i don't want there. i've used spybot, adaware, ewido, and avg. they all find things, and they'll clean up the problems they find, but then if i get online, i will start getting pop ups again. mostly either search engine things or stuff that says "you need to download OUR program to get rid of your problem". then, of course, when i scan my computer with my programs again, they all find stuff that needs to be deleted.

i read a bunch of sites and forums and figured i needed hijackthis, ccleaner, smitfraud, restorealldisplaytabs. so i got them. i followed instructions on how to use them, read advice on forums, and have tried a few things over the past couple days, but nothing has worked.

here is my latest hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:37:48 PM, on 11/8/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MultiPASS4\MPSERVIC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MultiPASS4\MPDBMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Smoking Guns Studio\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.smokinggunsstudio.org/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPTBox] C:\Program Files\Canon\MultiPASS4\MPTBox.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DigidesignMMERefresh] C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Drivers\MMERefresh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ccleaner] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://appldnld.m7z.net/content.info.apple...iTunesSetup.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: MpService - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\MultiPASS4\MPSERVIC.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

also... here is a list of some of the problems that keep popping up in spybot and others:

Microsoft.Windows.Explorer
TagASaurus
Win32.Small.ddx
CasaleMedia
ErrorSafe

here some others that aren't as frequent:

Statcounter
2o7
yield manager
Ru4
Metasploit
temp/win32
GoClick
Winsoftware.winantiviruspro2006
247RealMedia
com
TribalFusion

and i found VSadd-in was somehow placed on my computer. as well as some Viewpoint thing. i uninstalled them.

thanks in advance!

-scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

Hey smokingguns

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Firewall:

Please download one of these free firewalls and install it, either ZoneAlarm or OutPost

Rename Hijackthis:

1. Locate the program Hijackthis.
2. Select the file, right-click and select Rename.
3. Please change the name to: jamielaw
4. Then please could you post a new Hijackthis log.

Vundo Fix:

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt in your next reply.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

ComboFix:

1. Download this file - combofix.exe
2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running! That may cause it to stall.

Please can you include the following logs in your next reply - they may need separate posts to stop them getting cut off:

C:\vundofix.txt
ComboFix log
A new Hijackthis log

My Website!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted Image

#3 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

Are you still monitoring this thread?
My Website!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted Image

#4 jamielaw

jamielaw

Malware Ass-Kicker!

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

My Website!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users