Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Knew Speakers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 naz!

naz!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

my computer would not fire up so i took it to da shop and they put in a new mother board ,so it now works.however on the motherboard is some software called XEAR 3D (sound system) and when i put my speakers on full blast it only plays the music low. ive also been through all the settings and they are all right 4 my speakers.i think that my speakers are not powerful enough . what do you think?[/b]

Mod Edit: Original poster's two individual topics have been merged together.
As they were duplicates of one another.

Edited by Scarlett, 08 November 2006 - 10:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

Do your speakers have a volume control on them? Usually only one speaker will have a volume control, and this will adjust the volume on both speakers.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 naz!

naz!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:23 PM

no i have to do it on the pc because they are only standard speakers that came with the computer and its turned up full

#4 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:31 AM

Do the speakers require power for them to work properly. This is normally the case. There is only a small amount of power provided through the audio cable and this will not be enough to move some speakers.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

#5 naz!

naz!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

when i turn up my speakers on my pc to the top they only play low. but before my computer got mended they were allright .when they mended my pc they put in a new motherboard with this xear sound system and all the settings are correct for my speakers and i am wondering weathering if my speakers are powerful enough because they are only standard emachines ones and they dont have a sub woofer theyb are 2 seperate ones with no turn up buttons on them

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

Your new motherboard may not have the "amplifier" built into it that the old one may have had.

Do your speakers have an electrical cord that plugs into an outlet? If not, then this is most likely the cause. See if you can borrow a set with the plug for the wall and see if this makes the sound audible.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users