Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Homepage Virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 julien2005

julien2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:33 AM

HELP!

I have several issues with my PC, and I hope you guys can help me:

1- my home page, though properly set-up in Internet Options, does not appear when I click on Home in IE. Instead, I have a different page that shows a "safeiepage.com" page and a Microsoft Internet Explorer pop up warning of a virus...
I could show the print screen of this, can I post a word document here?

2- Internet Explorer Security Plugin 2006 installed itself on my PC, and I am unable to delete it! When I go to Add / Remove Programms and I try to remove it, there is a pop up that tells me to "reboot prior to uninstalling". And obviously, if I click ok, it reboots, but does not help in uninstalling....
I could show the print screen of this also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheerios

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 srkworm

srkworm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

hey julien
thats exactly what happened with my computer two days back and it asks me to download spyheal and pesttrap. i wrote my problem but havent got any reply yet. im waiting for a help as well from genius people here.
if u get that fixed lemme know. ill appreciate that.
thanks

#3 sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

Those kind of things don't just "happen", especially not on a properly protected pc, with a good anti-virus program, firewall, AdAware, SpyBot, SpywareBlaster, etc. I suggest that after you get this problem solved, you look into properly protecting your pc.

In the meantime, go to the HijackThis section of this forum, and ask a HJT expert for help in posting a HJT log. First See The Preparation Guide found here = http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Follow ALL of the instructions found there. Then post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found here = http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#4 sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:43 PM

hey julien
thats exactly what happened with my computer two days back and it asks me to download spyheal and pesttrap. i wrote my problem but havent got any reply yet. im waiting for a help as well from genius people here.
if u get that fixed lemme know. ill appreciate that.
thanks

Watch out for any video file that suggests you need a codec. Or any suggestions that you should download a codec pack: See =

http://www.updatexp.com:80/online-video-virus.html

"The issue these criminals are exploiting is the myriad of formats the online video can come in. So they rely on the end user being ignorant or confused.

You see when you make a video the file size is too large to be used on the Internet so it has to be "compressed" into a smaller size. Then when the file is played back on your computer it is then "uncompressed" when viewed.

To do this compression/uncompressing you will use something called a CODEC.

What the criminals are now trying to do is to fool you believing you have to download a new CODEC onto your computer in order to watch the video.

The thing is if you have the main media players (current versions) installed on your computer then they should have installed enough of the most popular CODECS on your computer so that the need to install anymore is remote."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users